Donate to a local nursing home or assisted living facility
It’s the season of giving – and the perfect opportunity to help out your local long term care facility!
For Residents – help keep residents connected with loved ones and engaged with various activities:
- Devices like tablets, laptops, e-readers, portable music devices
- Puzzles, board games, books, craft supplies
- Homemade PPE: masks, bandanas, aprons and cleaning gloves
- Socially distant experiences like caroling or assisting with outdoor decorations
For Staff – help caregivers fight off this virus and show your appreciation:
- Hand sanitizer (at least 60% alcohol-based)
- Disinfectant wipes
- Feel-good items like a staff appreciation lunch or a “thank you” video
Search for a local nursing home or assisted living community in your area using this facility locator.
Only donate new items – please do not gift previously used items to avoid potential exposure to the virus. Consider ordering online to avoid unnecessary trips out into your community.
Call the facility before dropping off donations – give them a heads up, so they can coordinate your drop-off. Staff are very busy right now protecting and caring for residents.
You may be asked to drop off your donation outside the doors – nursing homes and assisted living communities are following the government’s orders to restrict visitors at this time.
Take a picture or video of your donations to share on social media with #CareNotCOVID and inspire others to pitch in.